This is what it looks like on the side of my house this morning. Not a big deal, except I'm having the carpets cleaned today. Lovely weather to have the carpets cleaned. Oh well, as long as we can get the potty stains gone out of the carpets from house training Riley, we'll be in good shape. In other news, this weekend Daryl noticed Sadie looking alarmingly at her tush. When he lifted up her tail, he saw a worm. EEEWWW. NOOOO. Remember the roundworm saga we went through when we first got Riley?? I just wasn't up for it again!!! This happened about 3 more times over the weekend. Luckily for me, Daryl was the one to remove them from her each time. I was at the vet at 8:00 this morning with 2 worms in a ziplock baggie. Daryl put them in there and froze them so they would stay the same for me to take to the vet this morning. I tell you, that man is clever. Worked like a charm too. So anyway, the vet said they were tapeworms which, it turns out are way better for your dog to have than roundworms. They can only get them from fleas or from eating rodents. We are guessing that before we got her, when she spent a week or two on the road she probably ate a squirrel or rabbit or some other road kill. I mean, the girl had to survive, didn't she?? So, the vet said it was not likely that Riley would get them from her. There is also only one treatment for them to take ( which she has already had, couldn't get that in her fast enough). And, they don't poop them out, they just disintegrate in them. YAY.
Here is a cartoon picture of a tapeworm for your enjoyment. I like all of you way too much to show you a picture of the real thing, they gross me out. So, that's all the excitement going on around here. Hopefully it will get a little less exciting. And my carpets will get a little less stained.




ew, i have had to do the same with my dogs before. not fun!
ReplyDeleteMy poor poor friend. I am glad they are not the other things. What a girl will do to survive. I am for sure gonna post on my blog today, I promise! I got some of the cutest pics!
ReplyDeleteBTW, your worm is really cute!
ReplyDelete