Thursday, November 12, 2009

All dressed up!

Mrs. Hanke knitted this sweater for Riley. I love it! She thought it might be too small and I wasn't sure, but it fits her just fine. It will fit her even better after she gets her hair cut on Saturday. I might not be posting pictures of her for a while after that, she might be embarrassed. We wouldn't get it cut if we didn't have to, but we do. This is the cutest sweater ever! It has buttons on it and even has a little pocket on the back in case she needs to take anything with her. She is a girl after all. You never know what a girl might need.....

I hope none of you are concentrating too much on the stains on the carpet. These are from when we first got Riley and she had worms and wasn't housebroken and well, you get the rest. They have been cleaned many times, but the stains remain. We usually have a rug there, but I was actually washing it tonight also.
Anyway, thanks so much to Mrs. Hanke, you are the best knitter ever! Riley was so excited when I got home with it, she was trying to get it like she knew it was for her. She is a smart girl.


6 comments:

  1. what a cutie in that sweater! my dog used to get embarassed when he got a haircut too, what kind of dog is she? my dog looked alot like this but he was grey and white, we never knew what he was. he passed away last year...very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it fit...I'm knitting another one - a little bigger and for even colder weather...how does she look in green?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darla, her mom is a soft haired wheaten terrier and her dad is a poodle. I think she looks like the wheaten terrier. I wished she acted like the poodle, but she is crazy like a terrier too. But very lovable! And still very young.
    Mrs. Hanke, I think she would look fabulous in green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish Mrs. Hanke would knit me a sweater. I look great in green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Riley looks too cute. She is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Riley smiles for the camera like Charlie does. I love that last picture. Too cute!! Can you bring her to school sometime? I'm sure no one would notice. :-)

    ReplyDelete