Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Update



Sadie has completely taken over my spot on the couch. I mean, she is really fond of it. She is also really fond of Brandon. I wonder if he reminds her of someone in her last family. I think she likes it here. She is also the best dog. She is calm, sweet, doesn't chew things and goes outside to go potty. She is also tolerating the crazy little Riley that is chewing her ears and barking at her a lot very well. Now Riley on the other hand, is quite jealous. We are trying to show her extra love to help her through this. She is sharing her food and toys pretty well, but her little world has just been rocked. I hope this doesn't take too awful long for her to adjust to. Like I said, she barks at Sadie a lot and bites her ear and stands on her back, etc. Some of it is playing and some of it, I'm sure, is her trying to be the dominant one. I'm not sure how that will work out. I mean, Riley was here first, but Sadie is 40 pounds ( yep, bigger than I thought) to Riley's 21. I guess they will figure it out. Sadie is handling her very well. She did get on her ( growl, snap) once last night, and I can't say I blame her. This morning Whitney and I were making salt dough ornaments and I had to seperate them with a gate. I put the gate up in the kitchen doorway, put Riley in the kitchen with us and Sadie slept on the couch. That worked out well, and when we were done Riley went in the living room and slept on the chair like a good girl. I guess that's it for today, I will post more tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Charlie absolutely LOVES my spot on the couch. She will sit at my feet and when I get up to get a drink, she instantly jumps in my spot and gets all situated. I love it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like he is King of the house! I have some catching up to do with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean queen of the house!!!!!

    ReplyDelete