I am starting this blog because I have been enjoying so many awesome women's blogs, I thought I should probably join in. At least this way I can maybe get to know them instead of just reading about them!
My name is Kim. I live in a small town in Southwest Ohio. I have been married for 27 years. I have a 25 year old son named Brandon, a 6 year old grandson named Dylan and a 23 year old daughter named Whitney. Whitney has special needs. She is developmentally delayed. I consider myself so lucky to have her. She is pretty high functioning and independent. She can stay home alone for several hours at a time, she can do things for herself such as all her hygeine needs and fixing herself something to eat with the microwave. She is very small ( 4'6" and 78 pounds) and she is so humorous and a delight to have around. I wouldn't change a hair on her head. She still lives at home with us and hopefully will for a long, long, time.
My son became a father at the age of 19 and is father to our wonderfully fantabulous grandson! For that reason he still lives at home with us also. I often joke that I believe God thought I would not be able to handle an empty nest. That's ok with me, I love my family, they are everything to me!
I am also fortunate enough to work in a job that I adore. I work at a local high school as a special needs teacher's assistant. I have been doing this for 10 years and I can sincerely say that I enjoy getting up everyday and going to work. I work with kids that range from having very mild disabilities to more severe ones. They are all a blessing and there is never a dull moment. I leave there happy every afternoon. To add to all that, I also get to work with my very best friend Diane! We actually met in this business 10 years ago and have been working together,laughing together, and having a blast together every day since.
I also have a wonderful mom and dad, and two fabulous sisters. I have surely been blessed.
I have met Val and her granny through her blog life's little garden. I actually will have one of Granny's quilts on it's way to me next week. I am very excited about that and will post pictures when it comes! Thanks again Val and Granny!
So, even though I approach most technology kicking and screaming, I really do appreciate the world wide web and the fact that you can meet so many interesting and wonderful people that way.
I think that's it for now, there will be much more to come, I'm sure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Kim,
ReplyDeleteWelcome to blogland. I find it very interesting that you work with special needs children, as I have a grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. I'm glad you gave me the opportunity to be introduced to your family and friends.
So nice of you to drop by and enter my giveaway. I am happy to meet you and hope you will drop by again soon. It will be nice to get to know each other better over time.
Blessings,
Mary
Kim, I love it. Thank you for letting me get to know you better through your blog. You are a very special lady. I am so honored to know you even though it is through blogland. I am going to try very hard to get the quilt shipped out tomorrow. I am glad you are getting one. You have blessed Granny so much and if you bless Granny you bless me. And guess what? You will be blessed with her quilt! Thank you is not enough. I am adding you to my bloglist so I can see when you update your posts. Val
ReplyDeleteThank you Mary and Val for the warm welcome. You are my favorite two blogs. Mary, I have gotten to know your grandson Brandon from reading your blog and he seems like an awesome kid. I have worked with kids with Asperger's syndrome and they are pretty awesome kids too.
ReplyDeleteVal, I am so looking forward to getting my quilt! I feel so excited to be getting something that Granny made with her own little hands!
I plan on blogging again soon!
nice getting to know more about you! sounds like your life is full and blessed! hope to get to know you better, blogging has been a WONDERFUL way for me to feel that i am in a world larger that what i see each day with my eyes around me. living in a small town, it is the only way i survive the monotony i think. talk to ya soon!
ReplyDelete