This was our precious dog Pierre. A better dog never existed. He was just so good and sweet and smart. We had to make the heartbreaking decision to have Pierre put to sleep this past June 1st. He was 18 years and 8 months old. He had a great life. He was in excellent health until his last few months. He actually couldn't hear for the past couple of years and lost his sight about the last year. Then his legs started giving him problems. Mostly pain at first which we could control with Rimadyl. They they started giving out on him and we were picking him up a lot. I couldn't bring myself to do what I knew had to be done. Then he got sick and the decision was the only one that could be made. I didn't think I could deal with it very well. I mean, he was my baby! I knew we did the only thing we could for him, but it still really, really hurt! We all loved our little sweet guy.I felt that I needed another dog to try and occupy my mind, plus I am just a person who will always have a dog. I had some criteria for my next dog: male, under 10 pounds, part poodle so he didn't shed. Well, tomorrow you will see what I ended up with and you will see that God has his own plans for us! You will also see that He has a sense of humor! And that He knows best!




How precious. I had a chinese pug one time and she was a runt. She was so small and I loved her like my child. I thought she was with my husband and he thought she was in the house with me and she got ran over by a car. I nearly had a nervous breakdown over that. It was horrible so I know how you felt. I still think and feel those feelings often. I can't wait to see what you have. I have never brought myself to get another since. Looking forward to see the next post.
ReplyDeleteOh Val, I'm sorry! It's terrible to lose a dog, and even worse when it's an accident, I'm sure. I can see where you didn't want to do it again. It's hard sometimes to allow yourself to love like that again. It's always the same end result with a pet, they get old way too fast or something else happens to them. Either way, you have to say goodbye and it is so hurtful.
ReplyDelete